DEBT SYNDICATION INDIA SUMMIT 2018
When a group of lenders collectively extend loan to a single borrower, using a similar terms and conditions, documentation etc administered by common agent, it is called a syndicated loan. Loan syndication contributed $343 million (Rs. 1,886 crore) towards investment banking revenues, accounting for a 49.5% share. Income from syndicated deals have risen almost 60% in five years and 33% over the year-ago period. Four Indian Banks, including State Bank of India and IDBI Bank, figure amongst the top five banks in the Asia-Pacific region for arranging syndicated loans in 2010. SBI, the country's largest lender, with a mandate for five deals raised $ 1.58 billion followed by IDBI Bank ($ 1.41 billion in three deals), Axis bank ($ 980 million) and ICICI Bank ($ 686 million).
This 2-day Summit will focus on developing strategies for thriving in a challenging market, emerging structures in financing channels and how Banks and institutional investors are redefining the market with various financing solutions and business model revisions and understand what drives the scale and depth of loan market.
Debt Syndication India Summit 2018 provides a dedicated platform for the industry and other stakeholders to come together to discuss the key challenges, learn from the best practices adopted across the country and ensure their firm is positioned to comply with latest regulatory guidelines.
Head of Capital Markets Syndicated Financing and Treasury
Vice President & Head – Treasury
Thomas Cook (India) Ltd.
Senior Vice President & Head - Loan Syndication
Vice President, Structured Finance
Executive Vice President & Head- Project & Structured Finance, Syndications & DCM
Aditya Birla Finance Ltd.
Chief General Manager
State Bank of India
Head – Business
IDFC Infrastructure Finance Ltd.
Senior Vice President - Treasury
Altico Capital India Pvt. Ltd.
Jyoti Prakash Gadia
Resurgent India Limited
Executive Vice President & Head - Debt Capital Markets
Chief - Corporate Treasury & IR
Founder, MD & CEO
Indus Strategy Financial Advisors
Head Syndications and National Sales Head, Other Infrastructure
Tata Cleantech Capital
General Manager - Treasury, Insurance & Credit Control Finance
Tata Communications Limited
Senior Executive Vice President & Head Debt Capital Markets
Kotak Mahindra Bank
Executive Director, Leveraged & Structured Solutions
Standard Chartered Bank
Group EVP & Head - Corporate & Investment Banking
Sr DGM – Corporate Finance
Larsen & Toubro Limited
Head – Legal
Aditya Birla Finance Ltd
Head - Capital Markets
Head - Loan Syndications
YES Bank Limited
CFO & CS
Hero Realty Pvt. Ltd.
Group Head - Syndications
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Overview of corporate lending environment in India: What is driving the deal flow in India and what do corporates look for from the banking community
- Identifying and describing the relevant documentation that is involved in the syndication process
- How are Banks Adapting Syndication Strategies in a Low Volume, Low Pricing, and High Competition Market
- Challenges of mid-way Policy changes affecting the entire loan process
- What are the key issues impacting the loan market
- From loan arranger to debt advisor: How is the role of loan professionals evolving?
- Is diversifying into emerging markets the way to secure new money deals?
- Lenders and the loan product: a borrower's perspective
- Debt Syndication for future: Next Steps for Lenders and Borrowers
WHO WILL YOU MEET?Industry Professionals from the following functional roles
- Debt Syndication
- Loan Syndication
- Structured Finance
- Fund Syndication
- Debt Capital Markets
- Credit Risk Monitoring
- Audit, Risk & Compliance
- Finance & Treasury
- Banking Operations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Banking & Financial Services
- Non-Banking Financial Institutions
- Investment Banks
- Audit & Tax Firms
- Law firms & Corporate institutions (borrowers)
- Financial advisories & management consulting firms